Header

Image Map

Sunday, April 21, 2013

There you are.

Hello again. It's been a while.

I can't really say where I've been, except that my free time has been spent writing for Prosper clients and doing hot yoga. I miss you, Flee to the Cleve. But, I am thrilled to be working for an agency whose mission I can support wholeheartedly. Their energy is palpable, and I'm honored to be part of it.

I was featured last week on the Prosper blog talking about my transition from opera to impact. Take a look here if you like. They are such a pleasure.



John is doing incredibly well professionally, and I'm so proud. He received his official contract to become the Program Investment Manager in Community Impact at United Way Greenville, starting in June. I learn so much about our community through his work there, which I love. His ability to become so vital to the organization in such a short time was astounding. We both wanted to switch careers, yes, but that didn't make it less scary. Convincing people (read: employers) that multiple music degrees translate to much more than playing an instrument is a daunting task. I'm so proud of him for feeling his way to a place that was made for him.

More soon. Promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover