Header

Image Map

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Inspiration: We Took to the Woods


In the spirit of little holiday moments, I have to tell you about my recent trip to We Took to the Woods. You may have seen them on the Garden and Gun Blog last month. These photos were taken by the owner's daughter (see the rest here), and they capture a bit of the ambience, but really, you have to visit. Upon arrival, you see rows of fresh wreaths on wooden benches in front of the shop. The one pictured above was my favorite.

Entering invites delightful woodsy smells to overtake you, and suddenly you're enticed by candlelight to stay a while, have some cider, never leave. There are plaid blankets and wall hangings, antique ornaments and Mast Brothers Chocolates. There are beautiful antique decanters and carefully selected letterpress stationery. The owners are there, and they want to talk to you, get to know you, adding to the already palpable sense of warmth. 

If you're in town, you must visit, and even if you're not, take a look at their site for cozy holiday inspiration. They're having a party Thursday night, see below. I came home with a candle and Douglas Fir incense in an attempt to make my home smell, even a tiny bit, like their rustic escape. You can see a couple of my photos on Instagram.

Enjoy. Maybe I'll see you there on Thursday. 









2 comments:

  1. This place looks so cute! I love its warm and cozy feel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover