Header

Image Map

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our Wedding {Reception 1}

Hello friends!

So many of you played a huge role in making this past year special for us, and these photos are a constant reminder of that. It's so nice to share them with you!


"For the first time as husband and wife..."
I love that my dad and I are making exactly the same face.


Our First Dance was "I Want You to Want Me," which was an early inside joke (pre-dating!) that later became our token song. 
















My dad gave such a good toast - he had me laughing and crying, and poked fun at John's loyalty to Vanderbilt football. He's got this endearing boyish charm that really comes through when he's in front of a crowd, but his sweet sincerity is best of all. 





Big sis forever.


Our Father Daughter Dance was to "The Way You Look Tonight," a favorite song of mine since high school. Although we took lessons together, I was too excited to remember! Plus, I couldn't hear the music very well. Dad bravely urged me onward. 






Love you, Dad.


Converse College is steeped in tradition, and one of the many is to gather around a bride on her wedding day and sing the Alma mater. It felt so good to have my Converse sisters with me on such an important day!


These women are amazing. Really.




I loved seeing John and his mom dance together, too.


My dance partner above is the sweetest man alive. In fact, whenever I tell John he holds the title, he reminds me of Uncle Mason and how he stood up last year at his 50th Anniversity Party, held his wife's hand, and sang her an old, charming love song. 



This is Aunt Sis, lucky recipient of Uncle Mason's serenade. 


No one can give a toast like your best friend who has ushered you into adulthood, helping you feign grace through life's most awkward moments. 





Thanks again to those of you who celebrated with us - I'll have some more dance party reception photos soon! xoxo

See our Ceremony here and here, our wedding party here, and our decor here, if you'd like. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover