Header

Image Map

Friday, June 1, 2012

{Leading up to} Our Wedding

After our friends arrived in Aiken, we wasted no time. We made pedicures our priority before having dinner Thursday at Tako Sushi. Next, we had a party at the bridesmaids' house - a huge cottage we rented at Rose Hill Estate. It was so much fun to stay together and share a house! Highly recommended. We used the cottage for a shower, sun bathing, and even the Farewell Brunch on Sunday morning after the wedding.



On Friday, Mom and I hosted a casual luncheon for my bridesmaids, closest friends, and mother-in-law. It was fun to take a break from errands and checklists to sit down and enjoy everyone. I love the women in this group.


Friday afternoon, I was rushing around making sure I had last minute gifts and projects done. All the decorations I had planned had to be dropped off at Green Boundary Club to be ready for the next morning.

Since John proposed using a chalkboard, it was a theme I wanted to incorporate into the wedding. I bought a lot of tiny ones from another bride on Ruffled's Recycle Your Wedding and used them to label everything.


My Dad also wanted to practice our Father-Daughter Dance on Friday. We took lessons together the week of the wedding, which was really fun! We danced to "The Way You Look Tonight," and actually had a pretty good looking routine. In the heat of the moment, though, I was too excited to remember a bit of it! I whispered Abandon Ship to Dad, and after that, I think I just swayed back and forth in place. :)


Next up: Rehearsal Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover