Header

Image Map

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blood Orange Chicken

Picture from here.
Need a quick dinner? I did tonight, but as it turns out, I'll dare to recommend what I threw together.

I put Chicken Breast in a roasting dish with Salt and Pepper, searching the kitchen for flavors that might be friends. I came up with Olive Oil (a tiny bit), Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (a free pour), Grape Tomatoes, Onion, Carrots, and fresh Rosemary. I tossed all of the above together, sprinkled Raisins over the top, and squeezed a Blood Orange all over everything. I finished with slices of the orange resting over the Chicken and veggies. Baked at 350 for 25 minutes - added lightly oiled Asparagus for the last five - and served over Red Quinoa. Et voila. A meal to match the day that told stories of Spring to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover