Header

Image Map

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year!

found here

Happy New Year, my friends! 2010 brought so many good things. Although I may have fewer academic or musical accomplishments to list than in years past, the things that have presented themselves are what makes life worth living in the first place. An unexpected move and a beautiful relationship brought change on many levels, but it was change that was welcomed, bringing growth, joy, and in many ways, clarity.

The country's economic and unemployment issues have brought more frustration than I had expected to find after graduate school, but I'm hopeful for the coming year and know it will bring even more stability, and even fewer bills. (joke)

I've gotten to watch my little brother's mind transform itself with the help of neurofeedback therapy, and I couldn't be more thrilled for him and his improved participation in the world. His brain is working better for him than ever, and he is absolutely beaming. And one thing has always been true: when Josh is beaming, I am beaming.

My parents' dedication to his development reminds me how lucky I am, as has their support of my new life. And speaking of parents, the addition of John's mom to my life has been wonderful and refreshing. Her loving support is going to take us far.

I feel like a pretty lucky girl these days.

I wish countless blessings and happiness for all of you this year. May 2011 bring health and laughter and good friends and good books and good music and everything lovely.

Here's to life. 
Cheers!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover