Header

Image Map

Monday, December 13, 2010

Ann Arbor

John had a gig in Michigan this past weekend, and we jumped at the chance to visit bff Ellen and husband Ryan in Ann Arbor. I've been dying to visit AA for a while now, and it did not disappoint. It's artsy and intelligent, cute and welcoming - with a great food culture to boot.


Ellen and Ry took me to the microbrewery Jolly Pumpkin, where we had yummy food and a Pumpkin Ale (not listed here) that was delightfully sour and hoppy with a smooth cocoa finish.

Truly, it was excellent. They've gotten national recognition for their brews, and some kind of Top 25 Beers Award from Men's Journal and Wine Spectators. I think I'll go back sooner rather than later.

Urban Outfitters, $10
We also started watching the FX's Damages, starring Glenn Close (who, by the way, is terrifying)This show, friends, is fantastic. We were on the edge of our seats. Part lawyer drama, part psychological thriller murder mystery, it's got me craving more.


With today's "near-blizzard"conditions, and after last night's slow trek home in the storm, all I really want to do is curl up with John and Herbs on the couch, wear my bear slippers, and be horrified by Glenn over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover