Header

Image Map

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Larchmere and Mini Pies

I love this weekend, too. Friday was my first day off in a while, and I decided to explore Larchmere, a spot I happened to drive through last week during a trip to Shaker Square. The area had a must-try restaurant called menu6  (apparently they have ginger salt sweet potato fries!), artsy shops and antique stores, an interesting used bookstore, and a consignment shop I already know I'm going to frequent, Re-New Beginnings, which had a nice selection and fun vintage pieces. 

After watching John conduct a little Tchaikovsky, I made us a special Friday night I-had-a-free-day-to-plan-this dinner: Mini Shepherd's Pies with Parmesan Herbed Biscuits. I highly recommend these shepherd'spieswithatwist: subtract Mashed Potatoes, Cheddar, Peas - add Winter Squash, Parmesan, Baby Spinach. The result is a lightened up and slightly more exciting version of an old, comforting staple. Plus, is there anyone in the world who doesn't think baby pies are adorable?! ...I didn't think so.


Today Leah, a special Converse friend, came to town - we had dinner - she and John got to meet each other - it was very nice - I'll take old friends whenever and wherever I can get them!


Next on the list to try!   

               The West Side Market


                                           xoxo,
                                               Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover