Header

Image Map

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

See ya real soon.

It's with a heavy heart that I leave Baltimore this weekend. Although I'm excited about Cleveland, I'm going to miss my daily greetings from Howard of Howard's Deli, who makes a good Reuben and calls Herbie "Killer." The guys smoking outside the kitchen door of Kyro have their own brand of charm, too.

My City Cafe friends are strangely comforting with their black outfits and congenial waves; no one else remembers the couple with the table of talking stuffed turtles like we do. The Dog Park regulars have been nothing short of angelic, offering incessant patience for Herbie's (often loud piercing) neurosis.

But it's leaving the other people that really gets me. The past three years have been full of change, and change equals growth. The people who've stayed by my side have left me very grateful. Between being snowed in together, being on stage together, trying the real world together, and living only blocks apart, we've had a damn good time. I am sad to leave those who are so dear to me, but I wouldn't change a thing. I'm thankful for every single moment we've had, and contrary to what you may think, that's not excluding the glowsticks.




2 comments:

  1. As I was walking home from My Thai, I realized that there will be no Yin to my Yanginess in Baltimore.

    This would be totally unacceptable... except that I think you are doing the right thing by moving to Cleveland.

    So, with a heavy heart, I post these videos as a last-ditch effort of scaring you into staying so as to not upset the Balance Of YinYang, all the while knowing that you're going to have a great time in Ohio:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

    love you!
    -yang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Don't think for one tiny second that I'm not going to need Yang for my Yin in Cleveland. You're not off the hook. I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover