Header

Image Map

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Bucket List





Leaving Baltimore is like leaving that boyfriend you know you can't marry. He's good to you, he's fun, and a little part of you wants to stay forever. On the other hand, you can no longer ignore how much you need a freaking change.

After the end of the rope presented itself so clearly, I was left with about four weeks to make the most of Maryland life. A list of things that must be squeezed in before going to Cleveland soon materialized:

1. The BMA - one last time with that pine foresty Klimt.
2. The Helmand - John clearly has to try it, and I need the roasted pumpkin appetizer to linger on my tongue for as long as possible.
3. Hampden - Fare thee well, Red Tree.
4. Woodberry Kitchen - This has been on my to-do list for an embarrassing length of time. It simply has to happen.
5. The Book Thing - Megan told me about it. You get free books!

So far, I've only completed numbers one and three. But with five days left, I remain optimistic. I refuse to (and I mean I will not) leave this city without spending some time with Woodberry's Cocktail Menu, which offers, among other things, a drink called the Farmer's Daughter, boasting organic cucumber vodka, watermelon and cucumber juice, fresh mint, lemon, and organic agave. My post-dinner drink will be something slightly more expected: the Manhampden (clever.), an old-style Manhattan citing Maryland-style rye as its secret ingredient.

A Mad Men premiere party, a trip to Hershey Park, and a "like the good old days" bar hop in Fell's are also on the agenda. Spending every waking moment with my friends has taken precedence over packing my apartment. There may be a time on Saturday when I curse myself for this decision, but it doesn't really matter. The truck will get loaded far too soon. Rooftop pool, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Awww I know the feeling :) Soak up every last bit of Baltimore while you can. Have a great time in Cleveland! Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover